Sunday, January 4, 2009

FILM: Milk



Two nights ago I went to the movie Milk.

First of all, before I talk about the movie, I have to say anyone looking for a fun movie experience in the Tacoma area should definitely stop by the Grand Cinema in Tacoma. It was a really great place and will definitely be seeing another film there.

Now to Milk.

Director Gus Van Sant (Good Will Hunting) just painted his Mona Lisa. For a serious film, Milk has it all; great acting, great script, amazing cinematography. If someone were to ask me what Van Sant could have done better, I would have trouble finding an answer.

Sean Penn (I am Sam) does an extraordinary portrayal of gay activist Harvey Milk. Every once of frustration, happiness, sadness, hopeless, anger, etc., is felt through his performance. Penn is supported by other actors who do an outstanding job as well including James Franco (Pineapple Express), Emile Hirsch (Speed Racer), and Josh Brolin (Planet Terror) to name a few.

Humor, tragedy, and success make this film a must see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter